In-line with recent years, EAGC 2017 begins with a specialist Traders’ Day.
This session will feature high level speakers with content designed for the trading community as well as the wider gas community who need to stay informed about the latest developments in trading. Interactivity and networking will be a key focus throughout the day.
Note that this is the programme is still provisional and subject to change. Access to Trader's day is included in the standard ticket price.
- What is happening with European gas storage? Was Winter 16/17 an anomaly or a sign of things to come?
- Going, going Groeningen? Falling European gas production and the knock-on effects on a shift from L-gas to H-Gas.
- Where is the anticipated glut of LNG on European shores? Surely it can help provide some much-needed flexibility?
- Surely the writing is on the wall for coal? What can we expect in the coal/gas relationship and will a big switch over come?
Speakers will be divided into two panels. One panel will argue for the motion; the other will argue against. The debate will be moderated by the chairman who will take an audience vote at the start and end to determine the results. The debate is designed to be a thinking exercise and will be conducted entirely under Chatham House Rules.
- Where have all the banks gone? Are we seeing a great market exit from the traditional financial powerhouses?
- The new kids on the block? Is now the time of the hedge fund and algorithmic traders in gas and power markets?
- The age-old liquidity question: Is there enough and where will it come from?
Radical advances in technological capability and a shake-up of the current order of things are not matters for the future, they are the here and now. This session will be a series of quick-fire pitches followed by Q&A, providing a closer look at the latest and greatest in ergonomic developments that promise simultaneous bottom and top line growth.
- Blockchain: What’s the point?
- Big Data driven research and analysis
- Machine Learning as an aid not a competitor
- Cost-effective compliance with the latest RegTech